Thursday 13 April 2017

THE DARK SIDE OF BEING UNABLE TO SLIM DOWN

There is a pay off. And yes that is the dark side, what you get for not slimming is what keeps the sabotage cycle in place. 

Why are you sabotaging yourself, your effort, not reaching your goals? It basically means that you are in your own way, you are resisting what you set your mind to do consciously. It is generally because you feel under pressure so the sabotage brings you something positive that is more thrilling than the change you desperately want but also  change is unexplored and  it feels unsafe.

Here are the two questions that will help you in your quest toward slimming.

1 What are the upside of sabotaging myself?

2 What are the downside of reaching a slim body?

Generally when we are stuck in a sabotage cycle our main aim is to survive, to feel safe. Otherwise we are so clear and determined that we change the behaviour we don't like and we reach the success we deserve having cleared all the frustration and our ideas regarding our own efficiency.

Fear is the cause of your sabotage. Fear makes you safe. If you don't do anything you know you will remain in the same position, not an ideal one but a place you can handle and you know well.

Once you understand your fears you can start the process of deconstructing your sabotage cycle.

Prevailing emotions , unless explained, will produce the same results over and over. Your behaviour are explained by your emotions. Your job is not about treating the behaviour. To make a difference in your life you need to treat  the underlying emotions then you will be able to reach success. 

How do you do that ? Become aware of your own gremlins. 

Explain to yourself what it is you exactly expect by not changing your behaviour or remaining the same. Also analyse what the danger you try to avoid by not changing or sabotaging yourself. Make sure you are also clear about how you think things will pan out, how slimming will upset the equilibrium you know so well.

And another thing to stop self sabotaging yourself is to be clear on what success means for you. In your case being slim equals success.

Fill out these 2 sentences and you will have your clarified definition- something you can measure and go forward.

I am slim when------------------

I feel -------------------------when I am slim

Another thing that I have to warn you against is not to over expect. Don't say you will lose 30 kilos in 2 days. First it is absurd and second it may lead to grief, health issues, physiological problems..

AND A REMINDER HERE

NEVER EVER SAY: I  LOSE WEIGHT

WHY? Because your subconscious mind does not like the word lose. Your subconscious mind will always make you regain what you have lost or say you have lost.

How to do the tapping?

Determine before the tapping if you afraid to succeed at slimming and what it might imply or you are afraid of failing. 

KARATE CHOP 3 times: Even though I am sabotaging myself because I am either afraid to be a success /or afraid to fail as far as slimming, I completely accept my behaviour and love myself completely

EYE BROW POINT: I am sabotaging myself
SIDE OF THE EYE POINT: I am sabotaging my slimming
UNDER THE EYE POINT: I don't want to feel----
UNDER THE NOSE POINT: No wonder I don't slim
ON THE CHIN POINT: I am afraid to succeed /or to fail
ON THE COLLAR BONE: No wonder everything I do never works
UNDER THE ARMS: I am afraid of success /or failure 
TOP OF THE HEAD POINT: I fear I might never slim

Take a deep breath.

Once you have acknowledge what your subconscious mind was doing for you all along,  you can  now safely insert the new belief in.

EYE BROW POINT: I am slimming now
SIDE OF THE EYE POINT: The more I slim the more my life is good
UNDER THE EYE POINT: I feel gorgeous and slim
UNDER THE NOSE POINT: I slim
ON THE CHIN POINT: I remain slim
ON THE COLLAR BONE: I love being a success
UNDER THE ARMS:  What if slimming is key to my future success?
TOP OF THE HEAD POINT: I deserve to slim.

Take a long deep breathe and let it out.

You can repeat the second part of the tapping more than once. I actually recommend that you spend a minimum of 15 min on it each day until it becomes second nature.



No comments:

Post a Comment